Saturday, September 20, 2008

Overcoming pregnancy fears

I believe that anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experiences behind him.

- Eleanor Roosevelt, human rights advocate

I borrowed this quote from a "healthy reflection email that landed in my inbox this morning.

It's particularly relevant for me right now as I am anxious about work right now. I only have 7 weeks left until my due date and I still have a lot of work to do on my complete pregnancy support system. It's taking me a lot longer than expected as obtsacles keep falling in my path. Like yesterday - I spent the whole day editing videos in movie maker. They ran perfectly in the preview screen but as soon as I published the movies, for some reason the software decided to trim the videos at random points. I tried a few methods to solve it but to no avail. As you can imagine I was highly frustrated at a wasted days work and the fact that I still have a problem with movie maker!

But I will not give up. I have put so much work into this so far and I will get it all done on time - it's just a bit stressful going. The reason behind most failures is because success is never attempted. The obstacle seems too big to overcome. However, each small victory along the way builds confidence and spurs you on, to overcome the next fear. Very soon you are seeing and feeling the success and well on target for the big picture.

Thomas Eddison said, " I found 10,000 ways to make a light bulb, but only one way to make it work."

If you just take that one small step to overcome your fear today, you are one step closer to success. If you fall down, just remember you've found one more way that it doesn't work - it's one less pothole for you to worry about.

No comments: