Thursday, April 24, 2008

There's no place like home...

Well after doing a lot of thinking I've decided my time is up and it's time to go home.

I deal with stress really well and actually find a moderate amount of stress a great motivator and driver to get to my goals. However, I underestimated the emotional toll that being on my own whilst pregnant and trying to be a career woman at the same time, would be.

At first it was fine. I was managing my hours and was so focussed on becoming the trainer I wanted to be that I didn't see the creeping effects that the pregnancy was having on me. Obviously I was making sure I was eating well but the tiredness began to weigh me down like a silent stalker. The days started to feel longer and longer and I soon felt that I was chasing my own tail as I desperately tried to battle the tiredness and work through it.

Then finally last week was the last straw.

Life at home hadn't been great since my new housemate moved in. I found her mannerisms very abrupt but made allowances for the things she said, knowing that she wasn't aware of the tone of her voice or of her dominant nature and the way she spoke down to everyone. I hated being at home because I felt uncomfortable in my own house with her around. All these little things had slowly built up until one morning last week when she was so outrightly rude that I had to bite my toungue very hard and count down from 1000 and try not to cry.

Fortunately this was the wake up call that I needed. It was all too much without the love and support from family and friends and who was I kidding. This was my first pregnancy and I'd been so selfishly focussed on proving something to myself that I overlooked the most important thing. That I was happy and stress free and giving my baby the best start in life.

Thankyou, thankyou dear housemate, whose name shall never be mentioned, for without you I never would have seen the error of my ways!

Hurrah, I spoke to my boss and he was really supportive and gave me lots of options to carry on with all the projects I was working on back at home in Bristol.

A great weight lifted form my shoulders and I took the afternoon off work to go home and relax.

I slept from 2:30 in the afternoon till about 5pm, got some food and went back to bed and had a deep and restful sleep untill 5:30am the next day. I woke up this morning feeling energised, on top of the world and connected at last with the life in my belly. I knew that this was the best decision I could have made.

I have a few other people to thank. Holly Rigsby for her great support and advice which really made me stop and think, Leah Segedie, all the bookiboo-ers, fit yummy mummies and Angie from Women's Diet and Fitness. You've all given me food for thought and much needed support when I needed it most.

Thankyou all x

No comments: