Monday, June 2, 2008

Are Big Corporate Gyms A Rip Off?


I have to have a rant as I've just gone to join my old gym - where I've worked for 6 years, and they've tried to charge me the full membership fee plus joining fee into the bargain. I've literally been away for 5 months and now that I'm back as freelance they wouldn't cut me a deal!

The worst thing is that I'm still working there! I teach classes there at least twice a week and even so my membership rate is higher than some of the public members who have joined on a sale offer!

The gym in question was in the media here recently for holding people into contracts unfairly and continuing to take direct debits out of bank accounts even after members had cancelled their memberships. It was one of a few of the big names that got in trouble over this so I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but hey you'd think 6 years loyalty to the same place would at least get you a friends and family rate!

I'm so fed up I think I'm going to write them a letter to complain.

Anyway, sorry had to get that off my chest.


Apart from that nothing really to report apart from Elimination is still going OK and nothing major exciting has happened over the weekend, so a very short post from me today!

No comments: